The MS3-Pro combines the features of the DIY MegaSquirt-3 with all available 'expansions' built right into a single circuit board in a sealed case. The o-ringed case is splashproof and, if you want continuous immersion resistance (the MS3-Pro displayed at PRI was at the bottom of a fish tank), it's easy to add a bead of silicone for extra protection. Furthermore we've updated the power supply design to use a switching power supply to minimize energy consumption and maximize stability of operation (down to as little as 6v!). We also included the new intelligent knock sensor capability allowing for advanced knock windowing and noise threshold configuration, integrated internal SDCard datalogging with time stamping of all datalogs, USB and RS232 Serial tuning interfaces, individual cylinder tuning for fuel AND ignition timing to allow you to compensate for differentiation in flow characteristics to different cylinders and truly maximize engine output, and more!
The MS3-Pro is ready to support a wide variety of engines out of the box, with the ability to anything with one to eight cylinders with sequential fuel injection and sequential 'coil on plug' ignition, a V12 with sequential fuel and wasted spark ignition, or a four rotor Wankel with separate leading and trailing ignition outputs. Over 50 different ignition modes are supported, from mainstream applications like the GM LS1, Bosch Motronic, and Chrysler Gen III Hemis to unusual modes like Renix Jeeps and the Suzuki Swift GTI.
The MS3-Pro's packaging is also a departure from most previous MegaSquirt EFI Systems. Instead of the industrial looking split aluminum case and D-sub connectors, the MS3-Pro uses a sealed high temperature nylon case for light weight and compact size, and heavy duty AMPSEAL connectors. This provides a compact and sealed enclosure protecting the sensitive internals from the elements. The MS3-Pro's design keeps the heat generated to a minimum, allowing it to use a lighter plastic case instead of a metal heat sink.
This is for the MS3-Pro ECU on its own, no wiring harness or tuning cables, for those who wish to make their own harness.
Note that the MS3-Pro uses an external MAP sensor, sold separately.
Here is a complete list of the MS3-Pro's features:
- Freescale MC9S12X 16 bit, 50 MHz asymmetrical dual core processor
- 10 saturated injector drivers
- 8 logic level ignition outputs
- 3 high current (5 amp) general purpose outputs - 2 can be reconfigured as additional injector drivers
- 3 medium current (3 amp), high frequency general purpose outputs
- All unused injector and ignition outputs can be used as SPARE outputs. This ECU has a LOT of I/O!
- 1 stepper H-bridge driver
- Camshaft and crankshaft differential inputs - supports VR, Hall effect, and optical input
- 8 analog inputs (5 dedicated sensor inputs, 3 spare/general purpose)
- 4 spare digital on/off inputs
- 3 spare digital frequency inputs
- RS232, USB 2.0, and CAN communication
- Onboard 8 gigabyte SD card for internal data logging
- Internal ECU temperature sensor
- Temperature range: -30 to +80 degrees C (-40 to +85 without battery for real time clock)
- Supports speed density, alpha-N, or MAF based fuel and spark tables
- 1 microsecond injector pulse width resolution
- Tables for nonlinear injector behavior at small pulse widths
- Allows blending multiple load types, including specialized mode for independent throttle bodies
- Supports a wide variety of OEM cam and crank position sensors
- Individual cylinder trim tables for fuel and ignition
- Accelerator pump or model based acceleration enrichment
- Closed or open loop idle speed control
- Closed or open loop boost control with gear or speed based tuning options
- On/off or closed loop continuously variable valve timing control - supports up to 4 channels
- On/off or progressive nitrous control
- Rotary support - can run up to 4 rotor engines with separate leading and trailing spark tables
- 16 x 16 fuel and spark tables - can be reconfigured to function as 30 x 16 or 16 x 30 by switching tables based on RPM or load
- 2 or 3 step rev limiter with no-lift shifting
- Wideband AFR target tables
- Allows repurposing injector or ignition outputs as general purpose outputs, or high current outputs as injector drivers for 12 cylinder sequential applications
- Real time barometric correction
- A/C and cooling fan control with idle compensation
- Safety shutdown based on AFR or EGT input
- Sequential shift cut and air shifter control
- 6 General purpose on/off or PWM inputs